facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Five Chinese boys died of CO poisoning

Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM   |   Comments

BIJIE, China, Nov. 18 (UPI) -- Investigators said it appeared five children whose bodies were found in a garbage bin in southwestern China were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Autopsies confirmed the boys, all street children about 10 years old, died from the deadly gas and ruled out death from injuries or strangling, Communist Party sources in Guizhou Province told China's official Xinhua News Agency.

Investigators in the mountain city of Bijie found burned charcoal in the trash container, which sources said led investigators to believe the boys had lit a fire inside it to keep warm.

Xinhua said the deaths created an Internet uproar among Chinese who chastised the local government and the boys' parents for negligence.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter
2
Mayor of L.A. suburb shot, killed inside home Mayor of L.A. suburb shot, killed inside home
3
Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces
4
Jury in 'loud music' retrial to get case Wednesday morning Jury in 'loud music' retrial to get case Wednesday morning
5
Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event
Trending News
x
Feedback