MANAMA, Bahrain, Nov. 7 (UPI) -- Police arrested four people suspected in deadly bombings this week, saying the militant Hezbollah may have played a role.
Information Minister Samira Ibrahim bin Rajib said the bombings bore the "hallmarks" of Hezbollah, the official Bahrain News Agency reported Tuesday.
Rajib also rejected claims by opposition officials the government planted the bombs to justify a state of emergency.
The five bombs, which killed two people in Manama Monday, came less than a week after Bahraini leaders banned all public protests, saying the opposition has failed to keep demonstrations from turning violent, The New York Times reported.
Meanwhile, the Interior Ministry said in a statement it will invoke the country's citizenship law to revoke Bahraini citizenship of people who undermine state security, The Gulf News said.
"The interior minister will oversee the measures required to implement the decision taken in line with Bahrain's commitment to preserving national security and in accordance with international covenants," the statement said.
So far the citizenship of 30 men and one woman have been revoked. They have the right to appeal the decision, the ministry said. Those affected include Bahrainis living abroad, two former lawmakers and several religious figures.