"I haven't even seen a kangaroo in my life," he said.
Ahokavo's first encounter with a kangaroo was a costly one as the marsupial caused significant damage in the home, damaging items and leaving blood everywhere due to the cut it received from smashing through the window.
Eventually, the kangaroo made its way into the bathroom and somehow locked the door.
Animal rescue Manfred Zabinskas was called in to handle the situation and found the young, 65-pound kangaroo exhausted, distressed and badly cut. Zabinskas gave the kangaroo a sedative to calm it down and take him out of the house to get medical attention.
The animal rescuer told the BBC that the kangaroo may been trying to find his way home before getting re-routed through the Ahokavo residence.
"He would have been in a complete panic and in desperation just run in the path of what would have looked like a passage home, and just gone through the window," Zabinskas said. "They do get into trouble in suburbia where we've got urban areas expanding into the fields where they live."