LOS ANGELES, March 3 (UPI) -- John Travolta was a presenter at the Oscars Sunday night and introduced Broadway and Frozen star Idina Menzel, only to butcher the pronunciation of her name.
Idina Menzel is a Tony award winner and star of the hit animated movie Frozen, so she probably thought that she didn't have to worry about someone introducing her correctly on Oscar night. Travolta must not have had a good night reading the teleprompter because he introduced her musical number with a sad, horrible pronunciation of her name.
"Please welcome the wickedly talented, one and only Adele Dazeem," said Travolta.
The pronunciation flub hit the internet in seconds, with people on social media using the hash-tag #AdeleDazeem to make fun of the flop. There were about a dozen inevitable parody Twitter accounts created for Adele Dazeem, jokingly saying she made her debut at the 2014 Oscars.
Host Ellen Degeneres did try to recover the introduction by saying her name correctly twice while applauding her performance. Chances are the teleprompter rehearsal will be stressed for the 2015 Oscars.
- Leonardo DiCaprio loses fourth acting Oscar, Twitter goes crazy
- Oscars 2014: Ellen DeGeneres snaps the world's most epic selfie
- Jennifer Lawrence has already tripped at the Oscars [GIF]
- Olivia Wilde flaunts baby bump on Oscars red carpet [PHOTO]
- Angelina Jolie 'very proud' of Brad Pitt's Independent Spirit Awards win
- Matthew McConaughey: I've enjoyed Oscar nomination process