NEW YORK, Feb. 4 (UPI) -- Mia Farrow took to Twitter Tuesday to address the continuing controversy over Dylan Farrow's letter to the New York Times, in which she recalled the moment two decades ago, when her adoptive father, director Woody Allen, allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Allen, who typically eschews media appearances, responded to the letter via his publicist on Sunday.
I love my daughter. I will always protect her. A lot of ugliness is going to be aimed at me. But this is not about me, it's about her truth.— mia farrow (@MiaFarrow) February 4, 2014
"Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful," Leslee Dart said in a statement. "At the time, a thorough investigation was conducted by court-appointed independent experts. The experts concluded there was no credible evidence of molestation; that Dylan Farrow had an inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality; and that Dylan Farrow had likely been coached by her mother, Mia Farrow. No charges were ever filed."
This week, Allen's lawyer, Elkan Abramowitz, has made appearances on Today and Inside Edition, calling Dylan a "a pawn in a huge fight between [Allen] and Mia Farrow years ago."
Abramowitz maintained that Dylan truly believed she had been abused because Mia "implanted" false memories of the assault years ago and said the Farrow family's renewed interest in the incident arose from a "continuation of Mia Farrow's desire to hurt Woody Allen."