facebook
twitter
search
search

Brooke Burke-Charvet booted from 'DWTS'

Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:23 PM

NEW YORK, Feb. 22 (UPI) -- U.S. model and professional dancer Brooke Burke-Charvet says she won't return next season as co-host of "Dancing With the Stars."

She announced the move Saturday on Twitter and later with a statement issued to E! Online.

"Weird day ... Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS ...ME. Tom Bergeron didn't even read my name," the 42-year-old tweeted. "I won't be returning to the show this season."

"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting 'DWTS' but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," Burke-Charvet elaborated in a statement.

"I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."

Burke-Charvet was host on the dance competition show for seven years and prior to that she was one of the show's professional dance contestants.

There's no word on who, if anyone, will replace her, People magazine reported.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Nicole Scherzinger spotted kissing Pajtim Kasami
Chrissy Teigen goes topless for W magazine
Zoe Saldana shares new photo with son Cy
Jimmy Kimmel interviews kids about gay marriage, says SCOTUS ruling will 'ruin being gay'
Khloe Kardashian helps Kylie Jenner move into new home