ABUJA, Nigeria, June 25 (UPI) -- Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan announced he was shaking up his Cabinet to meet a growing threat from Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
The U.N. Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights estimates that more than 100 people were killed during attacks by Boko Haram on Christian institutions in Nigeria last week.
Jonathan, a Christian, sacked his defense minister and security adviser following attacks attributed to the Islamist militant group.
"(Boko Haram) are changing their tactics every day, so you also have to change your staff and personnel," he was quoted by the BBC as saying.
Rupert Colville, spokesman for the OHCHR, said some of the attacks carried out by Boko Haram could "amount to a crime against humanity."
Jonathan said he was ready to talk to the group, which seeks an Islamic state, provided they come out of hiding.
"We must have a face to tell us why you are doing what you are doing and then of course we dialogue," he said.
Authorities said it's difficult to identify Boko Haram members because they blend in with society.