Advertisement

Tom Brady sells out of $200 cookbook

By
Alex Butler
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady warms up before the AFC Championship game at Sport Authority Field at Mile High in Denver on January 24, 2016. Photo by Gary C. Caskey/UPI
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady warms up before the AFC Championship game at Sport Authority Field at Mile High in Denver on January 24, 2016. Photo by Gary C. Caskey/UPI | License Photo

BOSTON, May 11 (UPI) -- In the face of another DeflateGate suspension, Tom Brady is doing what he does best.

Selling cookbooks.

Advertisement

The New England Patriots quarterback recently began selling the "TB12 Nutrition Manual" on his website. The manual, which features 89 recipes, was on sale for $200, before it sold out.

The book is printed on 100-pound text paper and has covers composed of natural wood with laser etching. The book also features recipes for carrot cake and avocado ice cream.

RELATED Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Mike Furrey named college coach

"I wanted to share with you guys another step toward achieving your peak performance. Check it out you will love it," Brady posted on Facebook.

"TB12 Nutrition Manual is a limited-edition "living document" containing information about our core TB12 nutritional philosophies and featuring a library of 89 seasonally-inspired recipes that you can use to support your TB12-aligned nutrition plan," the book's description says.

"The TB12 Nutrition Manual is designed to be modified and expanded over time using its unique screw post binding: as we periodically update this manual with new or modified recipes, we will send additional pages to all purchasers of the manual," TB12's Store says in its product description.

Advertisement
RELATED Cubs ace Jake Arrieta discusses his market value, says 'just look at the numbers'

"The Nutrition Manual is SOLD OUT, and the pre-order period is currently closed. Please check back in early June when more Nutrition Manuals may be available to order."

In January, Brady's personal chef Allen Campbell told Boston.com about the superstar's diet.

"So, 80 percent of what they eat is vegetables," Campbell told Boston.com. "[I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it's not organic, I don't use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon."

Brady doesn't consume white sugar, white flour, MSG, iodized salt, peppers, mushrooms, eggplants, coffee, caffeine, fungus, or dairy, according to Campbell.

Latest Headlines