facebook
twitter
search
search

Radio City Music Hall evacuated due to basement fire

Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 3 (UPI) -- New York's Fire Department evacuated Radio City Music Hall Friday after a fire broke out in the basement, officials said.

A faulty transformer was the likely culprit of the fire, which spread to a machine room, WPIX-TV, New York, reported.

There was no show at the time and no injuries were reported, though firefighters evacuated all workers as a precaution, the TV station said.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
Walgreens to sell heroin overdose antidote naloxone without prescription
Hospital mortality drops with lower patient-to-nurse ratio
Kanye West under fire after Bill Cosby tweet
Plus-size model Ashley Graham nabs Sports Illustrated swimsuit spread
IKEA issues recall after glass ceiling lamps crash to ground