NEW YORK, Jan. 14 (UPI) -- The opening night of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" has been postponed a fifth time, said the $65 million Broadway musical's producers.
"('Spider-Man') is 10 times more complicated to (technically rehearse) than anything else, and the preview schedule allows for only very limited rehearsal time," Michael Cohl, the show's co-producer, told the New York Daily News. "We simply need more time to fully execute the creative team's vision before freezing the show."
The musical is now expected to open March 15. It was previously scheduled to open Feb. 7.
Preview performances set for Jan. 18 and Jan. 25 have been canceled while the creative team fine-tunes the show, particularly a problematic ending, the Daily News said.
The show, which is expected to offer spectacular stunts, costumes and special effects, as well as a soundtrack by Bono and The Edge, has done brisk business at the box office, despite being plagued by technical snafus, financial woes, and cast and crew injuries.
Its leading lady Natalie Mendoza recently quit after suffering a concussion.