facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

'Sin City' sequel in the works

Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:41 PM   |   Comments

1 of 3
| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 30 (UPI) -- Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller are collaborating with writer William Monahan on a sequel to their hit film "Sin City," The Hollywood Reporter said.

Rodriguez co-directed the 2005 movie with Miller, who also penned the screenplay, based on his graphic novel. The cast of the original film included Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Jessica Alba, Brittany Murphy, Carla Gugino, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Hartnett.

Monahan, who won an Oscar for writing the script for 2006's "The Departed," is polishing a "Sin City 2" draft recently written by Miller, the entertainment industry trade newspaper reported, cited unnamed sources close to the project.

Rodriguez said last month at Comic-Con in San Diego that financing for the sequel had been secured and shooting would begin as soon as a screenplay was finished.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
LeAnn Rimes jokes she lost virginity by raping boyfriend
2
Kenya Moore denies rumors she's dating Kordell Stewart
3
Marisa Tomei, Hugh Grant go to school in 'Rewrite' trailer
4
Kyra Sedgwick is Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch in new 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' promo
5
'Jay Leno's Garage' special to air Sunday on CNBC
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback