The latest news on today's hottest celebrities ...
MARY TYLER MOORE: Mary Tyler Moore's publicist says the American actress has successfully undergone a 4-hour operation to remove a benign tumor in her head.
The tumor was removed from the protective lining around her brain Thursday.
"According to her surgeon, she tolerated the procedure without difficulty and is recovering nicely with her husband at her bedside," Moore's representative told People.com. "[The actress] will require no additional treatment."
The publicist did not say where the surgery was performed.
Moore, 74, is best known for her work on the classic television sitcoms "The Dick van Dyke Show" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."
Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 33, she is the chairwoman of Juvenile Diabetes Research International.
BOB DYLAN: U.S. music icon Bob Dylan says, contrary to media reports, he did not allow himself to be censored when he performed in China last month.
In a posting on his Web site Friday, Dylan rebutted published reports that Chinese authorities had at one point refused to allow him to play in China, and then dictated what he could sing when he did take the stage in the country. He also denied claims that his concerts were attended mostly by ex-patriots and that there were a lot of empty seats.
"First of all, we were never denied permission to play in China. This was all drummed up by a Chinese promoter who was trying to get me to come there after playing Japan and Korea," he said. "We had no intention of playing China at that time, and when it didn't happen most likely the promoter had to save face by issuing statements that the Chinese Ministry had refused permission for me to play there to get himself off the hook. If anybody had bothered to check with the Chinese authorities, it would have been clear that the Chinese authorities were unaware of the whole thing."
Dylan said he eventually did perform in China using a different promoter.
"If anybody wants to check with any of the concert-goers they will see that it was mostly Chinese young people that came. Very few ex-pats if any. The ex-pats were mostly in Hong Kong not Beijing. Out of 13,000 seats we sold about 12,000 of them, and the rest of the tickets were given away to orphanages. ... As far as censorship goes, the Chinese government had asked for the names of the songs that I would be playing. There's no logical answer to that, so we sent them the set lists from the previous three months. If there were any songs, verses or lines censored, nobody ever told me about it and we played all the songs that we intended to play."
ASHTON KUTCHER: Ashton Kutcher has signed on to replace Charlie Sheen in the U.S. sitcom "Two and a Half Men," CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced Friday.
Kutcher, who is best known for starring in the sitcom "That '70s Show" and for producing the practical joke series "Punk'd," is married to actress Demi Moore.
Moore was engaged in the 1980s to actor Emilio Estevez, who is Sheen's older brother.
Sheen was fired from "Men" this year, midway through Season 8, because of his erratic behavior and drug use.
CBS and Warner Bros. said Friday Kutcher will join "Men" regulars Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones, Holland Taylor, Marin Hinkle and Conchata Ferrell when Season 9 begins taping this summer for broadcast on CBS in the fall.
"I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes," Kutcher said in a statement. "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"
"We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family," added Chuck Lorre, the show's creator and executive producer. "Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it'd be illegal."
"Ashton is a pop-culture triple threat -- film star, cutting-edge producer and a social-media pioneer," said Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment. "He brings creativity, energy and personality to everything he touches. We are thrilled to have him, and excited beyond words for what he brings to the next season of 'Two and a Half Men.'"
KYM JOHNSON: Professional dancer Kym Johnson is "OK" after falling Friday during practice for "Dancing with the Stars" in Los Angeles, her publicist said.
E! News said Johnson was transported to a hospital by ambulance after she took a tumble while working with her partner, Hines Ward.
It was unclear what exactly went wrong or what part of her body she hurt.
"She's doing OK," her representative told E! News. "Better safe than sorry."