facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Hudgens cancels 'Tonight Show' appearance

Sept. 13, 2007 at 4:34 PM   |   Comments

LOS ANGELES , Sept. 13 (UPI) -- Actress Vanessa Hudgens has canceled a planned appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" in Los Angeles, People.com has reported.

The 18-year-old "High School Musical" star was slated to appear on the show Thursday, however, producers have confirmed that she backed out and plans to reschedule her visit.

No reason was given and the actress' representative did not respond to a request for comment, People said.

Hudgens recently apologized to fans for naked pictures of her that made the rounds on the Internet without her permission last week.

She has admitted she is "embarrassed over this situation."

However, the head of a clothing line for which she is a spokeswoman and model has publicly defended her.

"More power to her," Marc Ecko, founder and chief creative officer of Marc Ecko Enterprises, told the magazine. "She made a mistake and has apologized for it. I'm just glad no one's leaked the pictures of me in all of my naked glory."

Earlier this summer, comedian Rob Schneider dressed in drag and took Lindsay Lohan’s place on the "Tonight Show" after Lohan bowed out of an appearance following a DUI arrest.

© 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Anna Nicole Smith's estate loses bid for ex J. Howard Marshall's millions
2
Stephanie Jacobsen joins cast of 'NCIS'
3
Seth Rogen's 'The Interview' will be cut to please North Korea
4
Jenna-Louise Coleman to depart 'Doctor Who'
5
Jennifer Garner dumps bucket of water on Ben Affleck for ALS
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback