NEW YORK, Oct. 23 (UPI) -- Publishing firm Conde Nast said it will discontinue its internship program after a lawsuit in New York accused it of violating labor laws.
The lawsuit, filed by two former interns, charges the publisher of the New Yorker, Women's Wear Daily and Vogue with failing to pay minimum wage or compensate the interns for overtime, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.
A federal judge in New York recently ruled an internship program at Fox Searchlight Pictures failed to meet legal standards on minimum wages, the Times said.
Women's Wear Daily reported the cancellation would not affect Conde Nash interns who are already working.
A company spokesman would not comment on whether the program had been halted temporarily or permanently, the newspaper said.