ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Jan. 20 (UPI) -- Pakistan has not reopened supply routes for NATO troops in Afghanistan that were closed after a Nov. 26 NATO airstrike, a foreign office spokesman said.
Abdul Basit said at a news briefing the routes remain closed while his government reviews the situation, Pakistan's Daily Times reported.
The supply routes were closed following the NATO strike that mistakenly killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in a region close to the border with Afghanistan. It caused a further deterioration of relations between the United States and Pakistan.
Earlier this week, the United States confirmed putting off a Pakistan visit by special envoy Marc Grossman. Pakistani officials had asked that it be delayed while a parliamentary committee reviews U.S.-Pakistan relations.
Basit was quoted as saying Islamabad wants Grossman's next visit to Pakistan to be productive.
"It is, therefore, important that he visits Pakistan after we have completed our homework," the Daily Times reported.
Pakistan wants a relationship with the United States that is "free from the ups and downs of a roller coaster," Basit said.
"What we are looking for is a relationship based on mutual respect and mutual interest."