Nov. 25 (UPI) -- The Camp Fire is 100 percent contained 2 1/2 weeks after it struck Northern California and became the most deadly and destructive in the state's history.
"The fireline that remained uncontained has now been contained, bringing containment to 100%," Cal Fire said in a posting at 7:11 a.m. Sunday. "Fire suppression repair personnel continue conduct rehab where possible. Search and Rescue Crews, US&R Teams and engine companies continue with search efforts."
The death toll stood at 85 with the number of unaccounted for individuals lowered to 249 from more than 1,000, according to a posting on the Butte County's Sheriff's Office Facebook page. In addition, 2,503 are accounted for after being reported as being missing at one time.
Three human remains were located Saturday, including two in structures in heavily damaged Parade. The posting noted that the death toll posted on Friday was 84 but "two case numbers were previously pull in error."
The fire has scorched 153,335 acres and destroyed 13,972 residences, 528 commecial buildings and 4,293 other buildings, according to Cal Fire.
Total fire personnel of 1,065 remain on the scene.
After days of rain, all flood warnings and watches have expired in the state. Originally, the uncontained portion of the fire was along steep terrain unsafe for firefighters.
"With the rain we have been experiencing, residents should be aware of potential risks associated to the weather," the sheriff's office said. "Areas experiencing significant rainfall following a wildfire are at risk for debris flows and flash flooding."
With more people returning to their homes and mandatory evacuations lifted, the shelter sites will transition into Glenn County Fairgrounds or Butte County Fairgrounds sites.
Agencies are working "to identify mid- and long-term temporary housing solutions for residents while they rebuild or secure permanent housing," according to the sheriff's office.