LOS ANGELES, April 10 (UPI) -- The man who broke into actress Sandra Bullock's home last year was due in court Thursday for a preliminary hearing that will determine if there's enough evidence to start a trial against him.
Joshua James Corbett was apprehended at the actress' home on June 7, 2014 after Bullock, 50, alerted 911 that there was an intruder in her home.
The actress' call to the emergency dispatch played during the hearing and she was heard saying she was hiding in the closet of her Los Angeles home because she saw a man in her house. According to NBC Los Angeles, the recording is the first piece of evidence presented by the prosecution.
"I thought it was a wind blowing," Bullock said. "Then I saw the person."
After the man was arrested carrying a black notebook, pictures of Bullock and a love letter, authorities found an "arsenal of weapons" in his home, which included several firearms, rifles and handguns.
At the time of the arrest he told police he thought Bullock wasn't home, but was heard yelling "Sandy, I'm sorry."
Corbet, who faces stalking charges, was in court for Thursday's hearing. He has pleaded not guilty.