facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

25 hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak

Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM   |   Comments

ATLANTA, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- At least 25 people, including children, were hospitalized in Atlanta Monday after being overcome by carbon monoxide at an elementary school, officials said.

The incident began about 8:30 a.m. at Finch Elementary School in southwest Atlanta, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Police received reports of "children fainting in building," and when officers arrived at the scene, they found four students and two teachers had passed out. All regained consciousness after being removed from the affected area of the building.

A total of 25 people -- at least 12 of which were students -- were taken from the school to local hospitals for treatment, Atlanta fire Capt. Marian McDaniel said.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Destroyers with ballistic missile defense capability heading to Japan Destroyers with ballistic missile defense capability heading to Japan
2
American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack
3
Woman allegedly sets roommate on fire for throwing out pasta Woman allegedly sets roommate on fire for throwing out pasta
4
Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student
5
Brazil, Argentina to strenghten aerospace cooperation; talk Gripen deal Brazil, Argentina to strenghten aerospace cooperation; talk Gripen deal
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback