facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

25 hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak

Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM   |   Comments

ATLANTA, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- At least 25 people, including children, were hospitalized in Atlanta Monday after being overcome by carbon monoxide at an elementary school, officials said.

The incident began about 8:30 a.m. at Finch Elementary School in southwest Atlanta, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Police received reports of "children fainting in building," and when officers arrived at the scene, they found four students and two teachers had passed out. All regained consciousness after being removed from the affected area of the building.

A total of 25 people -- at least 12 of which were students -- were taken from the school to local hospitals for treatment, Atlanta fire Capt. Marian McDaniel said.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
China questions Americanism in SATs
2
Dairy Queen hit by Backoff malware breach
3
Plague bomb data found on seized Islamic State laptop
4
St. Paul police arrest a black man for sitting on a bench waiting for his children
5
Brazil Air Force, Saab discuss Gripen procurement deal
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback