facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Frying turkey sparks garage fire

Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM   |   Comments

CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill., Nov. 23 (UPI) -- A deep-fried turkey caused $80,000 in damage to a suburban Chicago garage on Thanksgiving.

Firefighters were called to the scene about noon Thursday in Crystal Lake to find smoke and flames coming out of the garage. The structure and its contents were deemed a complete loss, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The blaze was ruled an accident and no injuries were reported.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
New Jersey man caught selling 'Ebola' heroin New Jersey man caught selling 'Ebola' heroin
2
Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder
3
Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student
4
American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack
5
China overhauls legal system, at least on paper China overhauls legal system, at least on paper
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback