Children mistakenly shown porno video

Sept. 22, 2004 at 7:31 PM   |   0 comments

WINNIPEG, Manitoba, Sept. 22 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Winnipeg, Canada, had added to their list of bad behavior complaints by admitting some child visitors were accidentally shown a porno video.

Fire Chief Wes Shoemaker told a news conference the video accident happened some time last year, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported Wednesday.

A class of schoolchildren showed up at the fire station for a tour, but paramedics and firefighters were away on a call.

A fire department employee offered to show the children a fire safety video while they waited for the firefighters to return. That's when the porn tape was accidentally played.

Shoemaker said the people involved were disciplined.

Firefighters at a different fire hall were suspended earlier this year after they were caught partying in the station, and giving drunken visitors a ride home in a fire truck.

Three people remain suspended after that incident, which took place in July and came to light last weekend. Ten were initially suspended.

© 2004 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback