CHICAGO, June 17 (UPI) -- An East Chicago, Ind., baby had a miraculous escape by not being in his crib where a Molotov cocktail landed from an apartment window.
Darshun Williams, 1, was in his parents' bed on the second-floor apartment at the time of the incident Wednesday, WMAQ-TV, Chicago, reported.
Police said the device was lit when it was thrown through the window. It burned some carpet but did not explode.
"Luckily, he was in the bed with us," Tina Williams, the child's mother, said. "He was sleeping with us this night. And it landed on his bed ... I'm still terrified because of my kids."
Darshun shares a back bedroom with three other children, who were asleep when the incendiary device was thrown, police said.
Investigators said they did not think the perpetrator knew he was throwing the device into the children's room.
Police said they have a good idea who threw the device.