account
search
search

Jones officially dismissed from 'Idol'

  |   March 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM
| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, March 15 (UPI) -- "American Idol" executive producers Ken Warwick and Nigel Lythgoe confronted Jermaine Jones on camera about his criminal past before dismissing him.

The producers surprised the Top 12 contestant in their offices by telling him they learned he had been criminally charged twice in 2011 and attempted to use fake names when arrested, EW.com reported.

"There are four active warrants out on you, to be honest, Jermaine," Warwick said in Wednesday's edition of "Idol."

"We're not judgmental at all," the producer said, adding he wishes Jones had "come clean and told us in the beginning" about his criminal history.

"We are not allowed to have anyone who has an outstanding warrant on our program, and you've got four of them," EW.com quoted Lythgoe as saying. "We have to let you go."

Jones thanked the producers for the opportunity, hugged them and quietly left the office.

TMZ reported his dismissal earlier this week, but the show's producers declined to comment on the development.

No details regarding Jones' alleged crimes have been released yet.

Related UPI Stories
© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback