Topic: Gazprom Neft

Jump to
Latest Headlines Quotes

Gazprom Neft News


Gazprom Neft (RTS:SIBN, MICEX:SIBN, LSE: GAZ, FWB: SCFF) (Russian: Газпром нефть) is the fifth largest oil producing and refining company in Russia. It's the oil arm of Gazprom, which owns 80% of Gazprom Neft's shares with the option to buy the rest of 20% for US$ 3.7 billion at any time until April 2009 from EniNeftgaz, a joint subsidiary of Italian companies Eni and Enel.

Gazprom Neft's central office is located in Moscow; however, the company is already registered in St. Petersburg where it also has an office. Upon the completion of their new office building, known as Gazprom City in St. Petersburg, Gazprom Neft is going to move its headquarters to Saint Petersburg in the near future. It is currently the largest employer in Omsk and Noyabrsk.

Gazprom Neft was created under the name Sibneft (Russian: Сибнефть) in 1995 by Presidential Decree №872, issued on 24 August 1995. A government resolution was signed on 29 September, and the State Property Committee on 11 October ordered that the state's shares in oil producing enterprise Noyabrskneftegas, the Omsk Refinery, exploration enterprise Noyabrskneftegasgeophysica and marketing company Omsknefteprodukt all be transferred to Sibneft.

This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Gazprom Neft."