Ryan Seacrest -- who was called out at Sunday night's awards ceremony for "excessive hosting" -- let Amy Poehler take over his red-carpet interview with Carrie Underwood.
"Who are you wearing?" Poehler asked the 30-year-old country singer when she hopped up next to Seacrest. She went on to ask about her jewelry, her upcoming "Sound of Music" special and her forthcoming Emmys performance.
Seacrest played along until the nominated "Parks and Recreation" star asked, "Can we talk about religion and politics and do some swear words, as well?"
Underwood went on to perform the most-tweeted portion of the telecast, a cover of The Beatles classic "Yesterday," while Poehler caught up with friend Tina Fey to heckle Neil Patrick Harris about twerking.
- 'Cinderella': Disney offers first look at its live-action heroine
- 'Breaking Bad's Walter White, Bashar Assad share this week's New Yorker cover
- Sofia Vergara twerks at Jimmy Fallon's Emmys after-party [PHOTO]
- Ellen Pompeo calls out the 'dated' Emmys for lack of diversity
- Jim Parsons wins third Emmy for 'Big Bang Theory' -- watch his acceptance speech [VIDEO]
- Michael Douglas thanks Catherine Zeta-Jones during memorable Emmys acceptance speech