J.J. Abrams -- the auteur behind the "Star Trek" reboots, "Fringe," "Lost," "Super 8" and the forthcoming "Star Wars: Episode 7" -- loves to keep his fans guessing, and this mysterious teaser is no exception.
The video for an unidentified project called "The Stranger" went up on Bad Robot's YouTube channel Monday -- with no reference to whether it's a TV, movie, Albert Camus adaptation, or something else entirely.
“He arrived knowing nothing of himself," a voice over says in the video, as a man washes up to shore. "Who is he? Soon he will know. Because what begins at the water shall end there. And what ends there shall once more begin. This is what happens when we become lost, when we vanish, when we are erased and reborn."
The trailer ends with the creepy image of a man with his lips sewn shut.
- Thor teams up with Loki in the trailer for 'Thor 2: The Dark World'
- Alexander Skarsgard bares all for full-frontal 'True Blood' scene
- 'Duck Dynasty's Jase Robertson mistaken for homeless man, booted from hotel
- Christian Bale offered $50M to play Batman again, rumor says
- Amber Heard discusses bisexuality, defying expectations
- Netflix: Laura Prepon exit rumors are 'not accurate'