Vegas casino evacuated due to smoke-like smell, patrons may be compensated

Updated Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
share with facebook
share with twitter

Las Vegas' Excalibur Casino was evacuated after an overheated ventilation motor emitted a strong smoke smell that spread through the venue Tuesday morning.

MGM resorts spokesman, Gordon Absher, reported that staff and guest evacuated one of the casino's four towers after alarms went off around 2 a.m. local time. The process took around 2 hours, Inquisitr reported.

Absher confirmed there was no actual fire involved in the incident, but that the smoke-like scent spread rapidly throughout the 1,000-rooms in the 28 floors tower because of the ventilation system.

The machinery was fixed by Tuesday afternoon.

Absher apologized for the incident and said the company will deal with customers' complaints the best way they can.

"As far as compensation, we will handle this in the normal course of delivering our good customer service," he said. "We'll deal with this on a case by case basis."

Latest Headlines
Trending Stories