April 29 (UPI) -- A crew member of a ship that docked in the South Korean port city of Busan tested positive for the coronavirus after being treated for the disease in China, according to a local South Korean press report.
The crew member, a Philippine national in his 20s, was confirmed for COVID-19 on Tuesday, Busan authorities said, according to News 1.
The man had already been treated at a hospital in China, after entering Ningbo Port on March 26. He was discharged on April 23 and returned to work, the report says.
The patient is currently being treated at Busan Medical Center. His shipmates are being checked for symptoms.
Earlier in the month Busan reported another case of "reinfection." A local man who initially recovered from COVID-19 on April 11 tested positive again for the virus, after complaining of "chest pains" that had returned following the first hospitalization.
It is unclear at what point the Filipino crew member who tested positive for the virus on Tuesday was initially infected.
Philippines' GMA News reported Wednesday the country has more than 8,000 cases of COVID-19. More than 89,000 people have been tested, Philippine Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said.
On Tuesday, the Philippines also confirmed 1,336 health professionals had tested positive for the virus, including 493 doctors. A total of 29 health workers have died, and 22 people were doctors, according to Philippine authorities.
Opinions of China may have soured in the Philippines since the outbreak began in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December.
Last week, a music video posted by the Chinese Embassy in Manila celebrating ties between the two countries backfired.
The song, which included lyrics like, "You and I are in one sea," received more than 150,000 dislikes this week, according to NPR.