Feb. 14 (UPI) -- Britain's Prince Philip will not be charged in a car crash that injured two women last month, the Crown Prosecution Service said Thursday.
Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, crashed into another vehicle carrying two women and an infant on Jan. 17. The 97-year-old prince's Land Rover flipped on its side. One of the women received cuts on her knee and the other had a broken wrist. The baby and Prince Philip were not hurt.
British prosecutors did not identify Philip by name Thursday but said they considered the "level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving license" in its decision not to file charges.
"We have decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute," Chris Long, the chief crown prosecutor, said. "All those involved in the collision have been informed and provided with a full explanation in writing."