May 26 (UPI) -- British officials said authorities have resumed sharing intelligence with the United States after a temporary suspension due to information leaks related to the Manchester Arena bombing.
Mark Rowley, London Metropolitan Police's assistant commissioner and the head of Britain's National Counter Terror Policy, said the sharing of intelligence will resume after police "received fresh assurances" from their American counterparts with whom they were now "working closely."
British Prime Minister Theresa May warned U.S. President Donald Trump during a NATO summit in Brussels on Thursday that the special relationship between the countries could be harmed by the repeated leaking of confidential details.
"She expressed the view that the intelligence-sharing relationship we have with the U.S. is hugely important and valuable, but that the information that we share should be kept secure," a spokesman for May said.
Trump, who has previously criticized leaks within his own administration, said the Manchester bombing leaks were "deeply troubling."
"These leaks have been going on for a long time and my administration will get to the bottom of this. The leaks of sensitive information pose a grave threat to our national security. I am asking the Department of Justice and other relevant agencies to launch a complete review of this matter, and if appropriate, the culprit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Trump said. "There is no relationship we cherish more than the special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom."
Greater Manchester Police on Friday said 10 people have been arrested in connection to the Manchester Arena bombing investigation -- two of whom, a man and a woman, have been released without charge.
GMP said it was carrying out a raid at an address in the Moss Side neighborhood related to the bombing.
All those arrested were detained on "suspicion of offenses contrary to the terrorism act."
"Eight men remain in custody for questioning," GMP said in a statement.
British police identified Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old British citizen of Libyan descent, as the Manchester Arena bomber on Tuesday. Authorities are working to determine whether Abedi possibly received training from the Islamic State when he traveled to Libya to visit his parents, who moved back to their home country.
British authorities have indicated Abedi did not act alone. GMP Chief Constable Ian Hopkins on Wednesday said authorities are investigating a "network" that could be involved in the attack, while Rudd on Wednesday said Abedi "likely" had accomplices.
May on Tuesday raised the terror alert from "severe" to "critical" -- the top level that indicates another terrorist attack could be imminent.
May said Abedi detonated an explosive device near an Manchester Arena exit at about 10:30 p.m. Monday after an Ariana Grande concert ended. She said the attacker chose the time and place "to cause maximum carnage and to kill and injure indiscriminately."
The 22 fatalities have been identified as Saffie Roussos, 8; Martyn Hett, 29; Olivia Campbell, 15; Kelly Brewster, 32; John Atkinson, 28; Georgina Callander, 18; Jane Tweddle-Taylor, 51; Nell Jones, 14; Angelika Klis, 40; Marcin Klis, 42; Alison Howe, 45; Lisa Lees, 47; Courtney Boyle, 18; Philip Tron, 32; Wendy Fawell, 50; Elaine McIver; Eilidh MacLeod, 14; Chloe Rutherford, 17; Liam Curry, 19; Sorrell Leczkowski, 14; Michelle Kiss 45; and Megan Hurley, 15.
The Manchester Arena bombing is the worst attack since 52 people were killed in the July 7, 2005, bombings targeting public transportation.