TEL AVIV, Israel, Nov. 19 (UPI) -- Officials said five people, including an 18-year-old American tourist, were killed Thursday in what they are labeling a terrorist attack in the West Bank.
Authorities said a Palestinian motorist with an Uzi submachine gun opened fire near the settlement of Alon Shvut Thursday afternoon. Three people were killed, including the American tourist, officials said.
Fox News reported that several people, including Americans, were wounded in the shooting.
The gunman then tried to flee the scene, only to lose control and crash into another vehicle. He was arrested by police.
The incident followed a previous attack Thursday in Tel Aviv, Israel, during which two Israelis were stabbed to death.
The accused attacker in the stabbings was also arrested. Officials said both are Palestinians.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned the Tel Aviv attack, comparing it to bloodier attacks in Paris last week.
"Whoever condemned the attacks in France needs to condemn the attacks in Israel. It's the same terror," he said.