CONAKRY, Guinea, April 20 (UPI) -- Guinea's Health Ministry reduced the number of people killed by the deadly Ebola virus outbreak from 122 to 61.
The government had initially said 122 were confirmed dead from the hemorrhagic fever, but a closer look at figures and testing proved the number is exactly half of that.
The virus kills up to 90 percent of people who contract it.
“The death toll reduction is due to the cleaning of figures because there had been a lot of confusion,” said Sakoba Keita, head of epidemic prevention at the ministry. “Some deaths were recorded three times.”
[Bloomberg] [World Health Organization]