PHNOM PENH, Cambodia, Oct. 22 (UPI) -- The death toll from this year's floods in Cambodia has risen to 168 as the Mekong River overflowed again this week, officials said.
The flash floods, which occurred Monday, are the latest in a series of incidents that began in mid-September.
"More than 1.7 million people have been affected," Keo Vy, a spokesman for the National Committee for Disaster Management said.
The floods have damaged $500 million in property, including national roads and rice harvests, the Indo-Asian News Service said.
Two-hundred families who were previously allowed to return to their homes when the waters receded were evacuated again when the river began flooding Monday, The Phnom Penh Post reported.
"We just came back home one week ago, but we [were] forced to evacuate again because of flash floods. We could not take our property from the house. We will face a lack of food and money," said Om Em, 47, a resident of the Banteay Meanchey province.