MAKHACHKALA, Russia, April 25 (UPI) -- The bombing at the Boston Marathon in which her two sons are the prime suspects was staged and is fake, says Zubeidat Tsarnaeva.
"That's what I want to know, because everybody's talking about it—that this is a show," she said, CNN reported Monday.
While she maintained the blood at the scene was paint, Tsarnaeva said she had not seen actual footage of the blasts.
She spoke differently when asked about the three people killed and dozens injured in the bombings.
"I really feel sorry for all of them," she said.
Still, she does not believe her sons, Tamerlan, 26, and Dzhokhar, 19, Tsarnaev were involved.
The father of the two men, Anzor Tsarnaev, is expected to leave his home in Dagestan as soon as Friday to travel to the United States to assist in the investigation. His wife, who skipped bail in 2012 on felony changes of shoplifting and property damage in Massachusetts, will not be coming with him.
Some 33 of the more than 260 people injured in the bombings were still hospitalized Wednesday night.
- Only one gun recovered so far in Boston Marathon bombings probe
- Marathon bombs believed triggered by remotes
- Slain MIT police officer honored at memorial service
- Parents of bombing suspects to come to U.S.
- Group says mosque accused Boston bombers attended has ties to radicals
- Tsarnaev's wife 'very distraught,' intends to cooperate with FBI