RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Jan. 24 (UPI) -- The bodies of 26 Saudi soldiers killed in fighting on the Yemen border have been recovered, authorities said.
The soldiers had been missing and presumed dead after a military action launched by the Saudi government against Houthi rebels several months ago.
Military personnel recently were able to recover the bodies after securing the area, Prince Khalid Bin Sultan, the general inspector for military affairs said Saturday after visiting the area.
Six Saudi soldiers have yet to be found, SABA reported Sunday.
The Saudi prince said the region on the Yemen-Saudi border was now secure enough to allow Saudi Arabia to proceed with plans to build a military base in Jazan, a border province just north of Yemen.