July 12 (UPI) -- Ikea announced a global recall for a water dispenser for pets that caused the suffocation of at least two dogs, the company announced Wednesday.
The Lurvig water dispenser, which was sold in U.S. stores between October 2017 and June 2018 for $7.99, was the cause of "tragic accidents where the pet has suffocated after getting their head stuck" in the device, the company said.
Ikea urged customers to immediately stop using the water dispenser and return it to any Ikea store for a full refund.
"At Ikea, the safety and security of our products is our top priority, which is why we have decided to recall the Lurvig water dispenser," Ikea business manager Petra Axdorff said in a statement. "We are deeply saddened by these events and know that pets are important and loved family members for many of our customers."