May 18 (UPI) -- Las Vegas police evacuated a mall Thursday evening after reports of a masked gunman in the building.
No shots were fired and nobody was injured at the Boulevard Mall. Police have so far been unable to locate the suspect.
"Video was obtained showing a person with a long gun, wearing a mask," Las Vegas Deputy Chief Chris Jones said via the department's Twitter account. "We've conducted 3 searches and are unable to locate the individual at this time. Not an active shooter, no shots were fired and no citizens were injured."
Police were still investigating the area late Thursday night with a tactical and K-9 team.
According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, a woman who asked not to be identified said she saw a man with a long gun outside the Sears entrance at the mall and warned people to get out. She did not see the man go into the store.
Boulevard Mall manager Timo Kuusela told CNN witnesses reported seeing an armed man enter the shopping center.
"Police received a call and responded to the mall and evacuated the premises," Kuusela said. "Police have not located this person and they are clearing the building to make sure the person is not hiding inside."
Thursday's incident came less than eight months after a gunman shot 58 people dead from the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino in the deadliest civilian mass shooting in modern U.S. history.