Florida police release new video of serial killer suspect

By Allen Cone  |  Nov. 16, 2017 at 12:17 PM
share with facebook
share with twitter

Nov. 16 (UPI) -- Florida authorities have released more video footage the prime suspect in at least two killings -- but possibly four -- in a Tampa neighborhood in the last few weeks.

Wednesday, police released video of the suspect that was taken around 4:45 a.m. Tuesday, before 60-year-old Robert Felton was shot dead as he crossed the street.

Police initially released surveillance video last month after the first victim, 22-year-old Benjamin Mitchell, was found in Seminole Heights. It showed the suspect repeatedly flipping and staring at a cellphone before Mitchell's death.

Officials say both videos appear to show the same suspect.

The killer might also be linked to two other deaths -- Monica Hoffa, 32, on Oct. 11 and Anthony Naiboa, 20, on Oct. 19.

"We have very limited evidence," interim Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan said at a news conference Wednesday. "That is why we are doing this appeal -- to have someone tell us who is in that video. They could be perfectly innocent, but I don't think so."

The suspect is a black man, about 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall with a thin build. Dugan said he has a "unique walk" and posture in both videos.

"Someone has to know who this individual is," he told reporters.

The reward has been increased to $91,000 for information leading to an arrest in the case.

Investigators have received more than 450 tips since Felton's death on Tuesday, and 2,300 tips in all slayings.

"We have four families devastated," Dugan said. "Beyond the families, we have their friends devastated and have a police department that's been tilted and have a community that is very intense, and rightfully so.

"We need this to stop."

Related UPI Stories
Topics: Brian Dugan
Trending Stories