June 28 (UPI) -- Bill Cosby said reports he is going to conduct a town hall tour about sexual assault accusations is "propaganda" that is "false."
"The current propaganda that I am going to conduct a sexual assault tour is false," Cosby said in a statement on Tuesday. "Any further information about public plans will be given at the appropriate time."
Publicist Andrew Wyatt last week said Cosby planned to do a series of town halls this summer to warn young people about the dangers of being accused of sexual assault and how to prevent it from happening.
"This is bigger than Bill Cosby. This issue can affect any young person, especially young athletes of today," Wyatt said in an interview with Alabama's Fox 6 WBRC. "And they need to know what they're facing."
Ebonee Benson, a Cosby publicist and the spokeswoman for his wife Camille Cosby, said during an WBRC interview the comedian wants to warn young people that "anything" can be considered sexual assault.
"A brush across the shoulder, you know, anything at this point, can be considered sexual assault and it's a good thing to be educated about the law," Benson said.
After Wyatt and Benson's appearance from which the sexual assault tour news emerged, Cosby on Twitter thanked in the Birmingham station for interviewing his publicists.
Cosby's sexual assault trial ended in a mistrial on June 17 after six days of jury deliberation.