LOS ANGELES, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- Prosecutors in Los Angeles said they will not file felony charges against Saudi Prince Majed Abdulaziz al-Saud, who was arrested last month in Beverly Hills, Calif., on sex assault charges.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office on Monday said evidence for a felony charge was insufficient, and referred his case to the Los Angeles City attorney's office. Misdemeanor changes can still be filed.
Al-Saud, 29, was arrested Sept. 23 at his rented home after a female housekeeper accused him of sexual assault. Police allege there were multiple victims, and within days of his arrest he was sued in civil court by three other women for assault and battery, false imprisonment and sexual harassment.
The plaintiffs' lawsuit said al-Saud attacked the women inside his home over a period of several days.
Neighbors reported seeing a bleeding woman screaming for help and attempting to escape the home on the night of the alleged assault by trying to climb the 8-foot-tall fence surrounding the property. The home is in Beverly Glen, a gated community of Beverly Hills.
Al-Saud was released on $300,000 bond on the charge of forced oral copulation of an adult.
The case in which the three women are suing al-Saud in civil court will proceed, their lawyer, Van Frisch, said.