Advertisement

Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's home demolished

By Amy R. Connolly

NEWTOWN, Conn., March 25 (UPI) -- The home where Sandy Hook school shooter Adam Lanza started his killing spree in 2012 was completely leveled by Wednesday after the demolition began earlier this week.

Contractors "had the house down within two hours," Newtown First Selectman Pat Llodra said.After the 3,100-square-foot home was leveled, contractors completed the demolition by tearing up the driveway and lifting the foundation. The town plans to keep the land an open space.

Advertisement

"I'm very happy that they knocked it down," Dorothy Dwyer, of Newtown, told WFSB."It's only a bad memory and we have people stopping there that really shouldn't stop there. It's a nice area and those people deserve to have privacy."

Lanza, 20, lived in the home with his mother for 14 years before his killing spree on Dec. 14, 2012. He killed his mother Nancy inside the home and went on to shoot and kill 26 students and teachers at nearby Sandy Hook Elementary. He later killed himself. The school has since been leveled and is in the process of being rebuilt.

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement