The Gulfport native stars in a new ad produced by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, praising Cochran as a proven leader who knows how to win.
"I've learned through football that strong leadership makes the difference between winning and losing," Favre opines.
"And when it comes to our state's future, trust me: Mississippi can win and win big with Thad Cochran. Whether it's getting critical funding for our schools. Cochran always delivers, just like he did during Katrina."
Cochran's not alone in last-minute celebrity endorsements; earlier this week, California-based advocacy group the Tea Party Express announced game-show host Chuck Woolery would be touring the state to drum up support for McDaniel.
- Chuck Woolery campaigns for Chris McDaniel in Mississippi
- WATCH: Thad Cochran on Cantor defeat: 'What happened in Virginia?'
- Miss. runoff leaves Republican donors in tough spot
- Cochran, McDaniel primary tight despite nursing home scandal
- Top Mississippi Tea Party official charged in photographing of Sen. Cochran's wife in nursing home