"This administration, the White House and the State Department, has failed to get a status of forces agreement. A trained ape could get a status of forces agreement. It does not take a genius," Rumsfeld told Greta van Susteren.
Rumsfeld added that the administration's antagonistic attitude towards Afghanistan and Afghan President Hamid Karzai was the reason Afghanistan sided with Russia over the annexation of Crimea. He said relations with Afghanistan since the George W. Bush administration have gone downhill, "like a toboggan."
- Taliban claim responsibility for attacks on police, Kabul hotel
- Women vital for democratic success in Afghanistan, U.N. says
- Afghan elections need to be fraud-free, U.N. says
- Karzai resolved not to sign Bilateral Security Agreement
- Karzai: Parts of Pakistani government aid terrorists
- Afghan vote won't be trouble-free, U.N.'s Ban says