ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 21 (UPI) -- Casey Anthony, who was acquitted in Florida of killing her daughter and admitted check fraud, will not make her post-probation plans public, her lawyer says.
Charles Greene suggested to ABC News the end of court supervision Friday does not mean Anthony can return to an ordinary life.
"People ranging from the media to people with lawsuits against her to people with just a fantastic obsession with her search for her on a daily basis," Greene said. "People have a fascination with her life that, for some people, borders on psychotic."
Anthony, 26, was charged with killing Caylee Anthony, 2, and dumping the body near her parents' home in Orlando, where the little girl's skeletal remains were found months later. During her trial last year, she suggested Caylee drowned accidentally and her father insisted on hiding the body.
She spent months in jail awaiting trial. Anthony was sentenced to one year on probation for stealing checks from a friend.
Anthony, who is unemployed, has been living somewhere in Florida and, for the most part, has kept away from the public and news media. She still faces a lawsuit brought by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. When Caylee's disappearance was first reported, Anthony told police she had been kidnapped by a babysitter with that name.
Witnesses said during the trial Anthony before her arrest partied hard while her daughter was missing.
Greene said he hopes Anthony someday gives her version of events.
"There's things she wants to say, but they need to be on her time, her terms, her conditions," he said. "I hope that one day she says more."