TALLAHASSEE, Fla., June 11 (UPI) -- Casey Anthony, acquitted in the murder of her daughter, has moved from her south Florida home because of fear for her safety, RadarOnline.com reported.
Anthony had been hiding in south Florida since last summer when a jury acquitted her of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. She moved after lawyers representing Zenaida Gonzalez tracked her down to serve a subpoena, the celebrity news Web site reported Monday.
Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation because Anthony told police a woman with a similar name had kidnapped her daughter.
"We had been trying for months to serve her and we were finally able to get it done this week after a lot of legal wrangling because Casey wouldn't accept the subpoena at the location she has been hiding out in. Our client is thrilled that Ms. Anthony has now been formally served and it's a successful start in the proceedings," said Jeff Dill, one Gonzalez's attorneys.
Once Anthony's one-year probation for writing bad checks ends this summer, she plans to move to Costa Rica, RadarOnline.com reported.