NEW YORK, Dec. 27 (UPI) -- Passengers are suing New York's transit authority after they were stranded on a train for eight hours during last year's Christmas weekend blizzard.
The lawsuit claims passengers on the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's A train were promised help, but no one showed up, the New York Post reported Tuesday. Riders said they had no food, water, heat or place to go to the bathroom.
The newspaper said 25 of the 500 people on the train are suing, seeking unspecified damages.
NYC Transit President Thomas Prendergast said earlier this month that transit officials had lost track of the train in the storm.
The lawsuit is aimed at pushing transit officials to adopt a policy that would avoid similar incidents occurring in the future, attorney Aymen Aboushi told the newspaper.