LAS VEGAS, Oct. 18 (UPI) -- French passengers have sued over injuries they suffered in a tour bus accident in Death Valley National Park in Nevada last year.
The negligence suit was filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas against Busco Inc., doing business as Arrow Stage Lines, tour company Bonjour USA of New York, bus driver Robert Alan Dallenbach and American Splendor tour guide Nabil Chehmat, the Las Vegas Sun reported.
The suit states 12 plaintiffs were injured in the Sept. 28, 2010, accident and three of their spouses were traumatized.
A National Park Service report at the time said investigators believe the bus driver had a stroke or another "medical episode," causing the bus to run off the road onto both shoulders, damaging the front end and undercarriage.
The lawsuit said 12 of the plaintiffs were injured during the "sudden, abrupt and violent movements" of the bus.
The bus tour, which originated in Las Vegas, was carrying a group of elderly French nationals.
Injured passengers were taken by helicopters and ambulances to Las Vegas hospitals, the Park Service report said.
The suit notes the bus was not equipped with seat belts.
The suit seeks at least $75,000 per plaintiff in damages, the Sun said.
The defendants had not yet answered the lawsuit.