WHITE SWAN, Wash., Feb. 13 (UPI) -- A wildfire on the Yakima Indian reservation in Washington state that destroyed 20 homes was declared under control by firefighters Sunday.
Yakima County Fire Chief George Spencer told CNN the fire appeared to be accidental and started Saturday in the chimney of one house and spread with gusty winds.
While the fire's spread was contained in residential areas, Spencer said large stacks of logs at a saw mill were still burning Sunday.
"We're talking thousands and thousands of logs," Spencer told the broadcaster. "It'll take about three or four days for that to burn out."
There were at least 60 firefighters from 12 area departments fighting the blaze at its peak and two were treated at the scene for minor injuries, CNN said.
There was no immediate estimate on damages.