Children sickened by pot cookies

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Oct. 22 (UPI) -- Three Huntington Beach, Calif., children were treated for vomiting and dizziness after eating marijuana-laced cookies given to them by a neighbor, police say.

Police say a parent of one of the children accepted the cookies from neighbor Jason Davis, 40, unaware they contained cannabis, and put them aside, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.


The parent's boy and his friends dove into the cookies later that afternoon and then went out to play.

The children began to feel nauseous, dizzy and lethargic, returning home, the Times said.

Davis, who does not have a medical marijuana card, called police when he found out the kids ate the cookies and went to the hospital.

Police said no arrests have been made but an investigation was continuing.

Latest Headlines