ATLANTA, Sept. 23 (UPI) -- The leader of a 25,000-member Atlanta-area church canceled a radio interview after learning a third man had accused him of forcible sex, the station said.
Bishop Eddie Long canceled a scheduled Thursday morning interview on the syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show after learning about the third law suit, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
In a lawsuit filed Wednesday by Jamal Parris, 23, Parris alleges Long coerced him to engage in sexual acts and made him call him "Daddy."
Two other men filed suits against Long Tuesday, alleging similar events happened at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church and elsewhere. A church attorney issued a denial on Long's behalf, ABC news previously reported.
Roland Martin, who was scheduled to interview Long, said via Twitter that "the lawyers have made the decision" to cancel the interview.
Attorney Craig Gillen was interviewed on the program instead. He said reports of a news conference Thursday to address the lawsuits were a "miscommunication."
"Bishop Eddie Long adamantly denies the allegations," Gillen said in a written statement before the third man stepped forward. "It's unfortunate the two young men have chosen to take this course of action."
Maurice Robinson and Anthony Flagg, both in their 20s, also sued Long in Dekalb County, claiming he forced sex on them. All the alleged events occurred when the men were teens, the report said.
The men were all members of Long's church, and Robinson and Flagg have criminal backgrounds, the newspaper said.
Long's spokesman at the church, Art Franklin, said Wednesday the allegations are "a case of retaliation and a shakedown for money by men with some serious credibility issues."