DA: NYC baby sitter out cold as kid drowns

NEW YORK, June 17 (UPI) -- New York prosecutors say a baby sitter was passed out on cough syrup when the 11-month old child she was supposed to be watching drowned in a bucket of water.

Kristal Khan, 28, allegedly ingested cough syrup that causes drowsiness and spent most of Monday out cold while toddler James Farrior somehow fell into a bucket in the kitchen of her Queens home and drowned, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.


Khan was facing misdemeanor child-endangerment charges Wednesday, the New York Post reported.

The newspaper said the child's family was incensed that Khan might not do any jail time due to the fact she was charged with a misdemeanor.

Latest Headlines